*sunday 27 september, 2020*
_it is advisable that you prayerfully and meditatively read the text first_
*don't worship molech*
*text:* leviticus 20:1-9.
_*ðkey verse* "again, thou shalt say to the children of israel, whosoever he be of the children of israel, or of the strangers that sojourn in israel, that giveth any of his seed unto molech; he shall surely be put to death: the people of the land shall stone him with stones" (leviticus 20:2)._
a white missionary went with a local guide to one community in east africa during a yearly festival called "skull dance", where the locals danced holding human skulls until the god of the community would appear, which climaxed the occasion and all would rejoice for a successful festival. but with the presence of this missionary, that 'god' could not come as they waited in vain. finally, he told them their expected visitor would not come because of the presence of "the master."
the worship of molech was forbidden and it attracted the death penalty. the evil practice that involved child sacrifices to the canaanitish idol must not be followed by israel. also prohibited was involvement with familiar spirits, witchcraft and the likes. they were to sanctify themselves and remain holy unto the lord.
the fall of adam has a devastating effect on all humans, which, among other things, resulted in man's descent into worshipping of idols. it is inconceivable how a man in his right senses can fall down to worship a carved image, a piece of iron, a tree or a river. giving allegiance to anything else apart from god is a violation of his first and second commandments (exodus 20:3-5).
his commandments are timeless and are to be obeyed throughout all generations. they are to be cherished by those who seek to make heaven. no other laws can guarantee the love of god. no other laws can guide us into his presence in heaven or ensure we enjoy peace of mind here on earth.
*âthought for the day* worship the only true god, not idols.
*bible in one year* ecclesiastes 1-3.
expose the ritualistsð¤
1. blood, whether or animals or man, is the currency and legal tender in the spiritual world.
2. godless people who seek for power, popularity and positions are compelled to offer blood in order to get what they are looking for.
3. that is the reason why, even though it is barbaric, the practice, as old as it is, is still modern and has entered and entrenched itself in the church too, v2.
4. anybody looking for any of these blessings need not shed any other blood than that which is shed by jesus christ.
5. jesus said one human life is worth more than the whole world put together. mark 8:36.
6. it is therefore irrational, cruel and deceitful to waste a single life and destiny because of gaining fraction of this world for a little moment of time especially when the shed pure blood of jesus is available and more potent than any other blood.
7. believers responsibility is to expose such acts within the church and outside the church to church leadership and appropriate government organs respectively, vv4,5,6. we are not to fold our arms.
8. the ministers of god and government agencies also have the obligation to diligently seek for confirmation and act appropriately without fear of favour. it is evil to conceal or ignore such cases, while not encouraging mere suspicion, if we want to remain in the will of god, vv4-6, ephesians 5:11,12,13.
9. serious spiritual warfare should also be waged against them or else the church will be turned to a den of spiritism and many lives and destinies wasted.
*lord*, give me the anointing and power that no spiritism will be able to overcomeð
*lord,* send your fire to destroy all the activities of evil spirits against my life and familyð
*lord,* in your anger, expose and neutralise evil personalities in the churchð
*lord*, visit the den of ritual killers and the nation and judge themð
*hymn* so send i you